FdA Performing Arts
- 4 years
- Enrolment date: September
- Admission enquiries: 01642 865400
- E: email@example.com
Performing artists are creative practitioners who engage with audiences through the media of drama, music, dance and art. If you are looking to build a career in performing arts and the wider industry, look no further. Taught in our brand-new, purpose-built facilities, you work with industry professionals from across the arts and entertainment world.
You explore the use of technologies in performance and develop your individual performance skills in a range of contexts. If you have the talent and enthusiasm, we’ll give you the professional training to make your way in the competitive performing arts industry.
This is an award of Teesside University delivered in partnership with Stockton Riverside College (campus code 3, call 01642 865400).
What is KIS?
How you learn
You study performing arts in a range of ways – lectures, seminars and tutorials (individual and group) but mainly through practice and work-related learning. Progress tutorials help you to discover and develop your personal aptitude.
How you are assessed
You are assessed in a variety of ways. Performances might be drawn from existing material or from material you devise, and you also write essays and reports and construct portfolios of evidence.
Graduates will expect to work in the arts and entertainment industries, education and the media. Successful completion of this course guarantees entry on to a progression route at honours degree level.
A typical offer is 80-100 tariff points. The entry criteria are based on your ability to succeed, and can be demonstrated in a variety of ways including:
- a range of Level 3 qualifications (NVQ 3, BTEC National award, A level)
- appropriate training through work.
You also need to do a satisfactory audition.
For additional information please see the undergraduate and postgraduate entry requirements in our admissions section
- School of Arts & Media facilities The School of Arts & Media enjoys purpose-built, industry-standard facilities including 4,000m2 of studio space, a convergent newsroom, broadcast news studio, multimedia publishing studios and computer suites. (5 mins)
- Performing Arts
More information and courses in Performing Arts
Stage 1 core modules
- Contextual Studies
- Performance Practice 1 - Dance
- Performance Practice 1 - Drama
- Performance Practice 1 - Music
- Work-related Experience 1
Stage 2 core modules
- Contemporary Specialist Practice
- Creating, Devising and Developing Theatre
- Performance and Events in the Community
- Work-related Experience 2
Modules offered may vary.