Applications and interviews
There are lots of ways to apply for jobs – whether employers want you to apply with a CV, a form, or online - we can help.
Interview preparation reference books and multimedia (pdf - 49kb)
View the Careers organisation to access more job interview resources.
- Get interview advice at an appointment or drop-in session.
- Book a practice interview with a careers adviser
More about practice interviews (pdf - 163kb)
Attend the following careers presentations:
- interview success
- assessment centres
- presentation skills
Check our events page to find out when the next sessions will be held. Our careers events
At an interview, an employer wants to assess your suitability for the job. They will have identified the skills and qualities that the job requires and will ask you a range of questions relating to your abilities, skills, qualities and aptitude.
Prior to your interview, you will need to prepare positive responses drawn from your work and life experience that illustrate these skills and qualities - from your academic studies, interests, social activities, work placements, vacation work, voluntary work or part-time jobs.
- Top tips for interview success (pdf - 59kb)
- Interview tips (AGCAS) (pdf - 235kb)
- How graduate recruiters use video interviews on the TARGETJobs website
- Expert performance tips for Skype and video interviews on the TARGETJobs website
- Interview tests and exercises (AGCAS) (pdf - 179kb)
- Top tips on selling yourself to employers (pdf - 154kb)
More interview resources
- Be My Interviewer website - view a series of interactive videos, and practice your interview technique with the help of leading industry professionals.
- First impressions count video on the University of Bedfordshire careers website - watch four students from differing subject disciplines get ready for a range of graduate job interviews.
- What Will They Ask?- actual job interview questions and experiences – explore questions by sector
Read the latest news articles and advice from around the web - Careers viewpoints