Employer: Symology Ltd
|Jobs E-bulletin issue no: 487/040412||Date job posted: 28 March 2012|
|Symology is a well-established computer software company, specialising in the development and supply of asset management systems to local government and utility services sectors. The Company has an unrivalled reputation for delivery of quality products and services, and a 29 year history of ethical business practices and consistent profitability. The Company is continuing to expand and the current potential for growth is higher than ever before.
The role involves software development within a team of 35 developers.
• Develop software in accordance with task specifications and coding standards.
• Suggest improvements to design when appropriate
• Ensure that any documentation related to the task is correct and kept up to date.
• Cross-test other tasks as assigned by the team leader to ensure adherence to specification and standards.
• Perform project-level Integration and System Testing as assigned by the project leader.
• Provide contributions to improve the productivity and knowledge of the development department as a whole e.g. new coding techniques, training and reference material.
• Prototype new concepts
• Experiment with new technologies prior to implementation
• Aid in diagnosis of software problems reported by users
Candidate must be a competent developer with a computing related degree or significant commercial experience, plus a good understanding of the full software life cycle. Knowledge of web services, .NET and relational databases will be an advantage.
The Development department is continually expanding and we have many opportunities for career progression. As well as further coding, staff have moved into analysis/design, team leading, project management, technical development and even consultancy.
|Number of vacancies:||1.|
|Degree discipline/s required:||Computing related degree.|
|Salary Details:||The Company offers very good working conditions and competitive salaries, plus benefits including an excellent pension scheme and share option scheme.|
|Method of application:||Email CV.|
Not stated : To be withdrawn on 07/05/2012
Please note, the Teesside University careers service makes every effort to ensure all information is accurate but can take no responsibility for advertisers' statements. Vacancies without a closing date are held on the site for six weeks.
If you’re applying for jobs check all details with employers first.