Through volunteering, you can enhance your CV, develop new skills and gain worthwhile work experience. Volunteering can help you make informed career choices, is an opportunity to meet new people, gives you the chance to make a difference in the community and it's also good fun. Get involved.
How can volunteering help my career?
Looking for a chance to develop your skills and experience? 73% of employers would employ someone with volunteering experience over someone without (Timebank).
You can contact the Volun-tees Co-ordinator on 01642 384280, email email@example.com.
Or you can book a 15-minute appointment to see her between 10.00am and 12.00pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
More on the Volun-tees website
- Top ten tips for volunteering with Volun-tees (pdf - 76kb)
Volun-tees is an online interactive service matching Teesside University students and staff who want to get involved in volunteering with organisations who need them
- Can I make a difference?
Use your skills and knowledge to make a difference to someone else's life. Just a few hours a week is all it takes. You'll be surprised how it could change your life too.
- Why me?
Motivated, positive, talented, enthusiastic, helpful, generous, supportive - recognise yourself? You're just the type of person Volun-tees is looking for.
Register with Volun-tees to search for opportunities and be matched up with a voluntary organisation who needs someone like you. Projects can include working with offenders, IT, design, sports coaching, fundraising, working with children and many more.
Find out more on the Volun-tees website
Information from several UK voluntary organisations is sent to us throughout the year, and is available free to takeaway in the careers information area.
Volun-tees newsletters - keep up to date with the latest events and activities
General volunteering websites and resources
- Do-it website
- National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO) website
- National Council for Voluntary Youth Services website
- TimeBanking UK website
- Vinspired website
- Voluntary Organisation’s Network North East (VONNE) website
- Voluntary Skills website
- Voluntary Worker website
- Volunteer Now Northern Ireland website
- Volunteer Scotland website
- Volunteering England website
- Volunteering Options Ireland website
- Volunteering Wales website
- Volunteers' rights, expenses and placements on the Gov.uk website
- Work Opportunities in the Voluntary Sector on the VolResource website
- Worldwide Volunteering website