Department for Learning Development
Learning and development
The Department for Learning Development provides a range of services to enhance the quality of the student learning experience by supporting the professional and personal development of all University staff.
More about learning and development
Meet the staff
Feel free to call into the department and talk to us about your development needs. Find out who's who.
Meet the staff
- 22 May | Transitions beyond the first year
- 22 May | Reflection on embedding, enhancing and integrating employability
- 04 Jun | Getting students on the right track: what to do in the first term
- 13 Jun | Compendium 13 - staff leadership and management conference
- 21 Jun | Adopting a rites of passage approach to student transition
- 18 Sep | Student engagement in the whole programme
- 22 Oct | Outduction: enhancing the final year student experience
- 07 Nov | Creating staff/student partnerships to help develop first years' pedagogic and assessment literacy: the Epistemic Apprenticeship project
- 04 Dec | Learning from the students: students talking about transitions
- Staff will work in partnership with students and the wider community to achieve the LTSES goal
- Students will give full commitment to engage with their own learning and development
- Staff will give full commitment to each individual student's learning and development
- Staff will underpin a high quality student learning experience informed by pedagogic and subject research
- Staff will recognise individual student learning needs and support them through the student life cycles
- Staff will commit to enhancing teaching through their continuing professional development
Learning, Teaching and Student Experience Strategy 2012-15
The Learning, Teaching and Student Experience Strategy (LTSES) is one of the main drivers for quality enhancement at Teesside University. It incorporates the goal, principles, aims and targets that address the ambitions of the Institutional Plan and in particular the Academic Strategy 2012-15.
Goal: To educate our students in their chosen discipline to become confident, critical, creative, adaptable, articulate and aspiring.
- Learning Teaching and Student Experience Strategy (pdf - 319kb)