ICT - are you connected?
Enjoy technology that meets your needs - from Macs for high-end design to high-tech workstations for complex visualisation and software development - and over 2,700 workstations throughout the University.
Your school will send you your own Student IT account details in the post. Your user number and password will allow you to login to the University network, the wireless network, the student halls network and authenticated University websites. Once you have received these details you can change your password and register your security question and PIN number at online shop.
It is important that you make your password secure, but also something you will remember.
Teesside University's student halls network provides internet access to students living within the University halls of residence.
To use the student halls service you will need the following:
- a computer - either a desktop computer or a laptop
- a working network adaptor for your computer or laptop
- a straight-through CAT5 cable
- an active directory username and password*
* Your username is your student ID, and your password will be supplied by your school helpdesk
The University WiFi network, known as eduroam, is available campus-wide to all students, researchers and staff.
To access eduroam all you require is a compatible mobile device (e.g. laptop) and an active Teesside University student, staff or associate account.
You will need your TUSC to:
- Borrow books and other materials
- Allow access to some University buildings
- Use the printing system in the Library
Following enrolment you can request your TUSC either in person, by post or by email.
Ask at your School IT help desk. Please bring proof of your enrolment with you.
Send the following to your School marked "For the attention of the Senior Administrator":
- a completed and signed photograph scanning permission form
- a passport size photograph* of yourself (with your enrolment number and name printed on the back)
Send an email to your School helpdesk including:
- your enrolment number and name
- your permission for the University to use the image on your TUSC
- a digital photograph* of yourself in jpg file format
Your TUSC will be sent to your home address. If you lose your TUSC, please report it to the Library. A £5 charge will be made for a new one.
* Please read carefully the information below as it will help you select or take the right picture for your TUSC card.
You must login to the PCs before you can use them and must be a student at Teesside or a member of Teesside University staff. You are allocated a username and password by your school. If you have not been given IT account details go to your school helpdesk or ask at the Library helpdesk at either campus.
All University correspondence is sent to your university e-mail account, including Library reservation notifications, overdue notices and courtesy notices.
You should check your university mailbox regularly to ensure that it doesn't get full and so prevent university messages being delivered. Messages will not be re-sent if a failed delivery notification is received (including Library overdue or courtesy notices or information about a reservation or Inter Library Loan).
All new students enrolling on a university programme will be provided with a student university email account using Windows Live software by their school.
E-Learning@Tees is the university Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). Here you can access important information in relation to your course and modules such as reading lists, discussion boards, assignment details, grades, lecture notes and important notifications.
If you need more help, contact the IT Service Desk: