Accredited under the Matrix national quality standard
We can assure you of a high quality service as we were one of the first modern universities accredited under the Matrix national quality standard for careers information and advice.
As soon as you begin studying at Teesside you can use the careers service to start planning your future career.
Advice, information and resources
- Up to 1,000 students and graduates attend the annual careers fair.
- Annually 4,000 students attend careers workshops.
- Almost 2,000 students receive one-to-one advice.
One of our careers advisers can help you no matter what stage you are at in your career planning. If you know what you want to do, we can help you plan so you achieve it. If you've just started thinking about your career we can help with encouragement and advice.
Full careers service
We offer our full range of services to:
- current full-time undergraduate and postgraduate students of the University including those based at one of the five HEBP further education colleges
- part-time students of the University on courses leading to named awards
- former students of the University who graduated or withdrew in the last two years.
We continue to offer some services to:
- other part-time students of the University
- students and graduates of other UK HE institutions
- former students who left more than two years ago
- Teesside University staff
- adults interested in higher education careers related matters.
The annual careers fair, held in November, gives you the opportunity to speak to potential employers and find out what careers, jobs, placement and study opportunities are on offer.
More about the careers fair
Siemens Protection Devices Ltd
Mike Durham, senior engineer
'Teesside students are always welcome - they come with a base of relevant skills. We consider placements to be an integral part of our recruiting process and have employed a significant percentage of Teesside students.'