HND Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- 3 years
- Enrolment date: September
- Admission enquiries: Darlington College (01325 503050), Hartlepool College of Further Education (01429 295000), Middlesbrough College (01642 333700)
- Fee for UK/EU students
(from Sept 2017 entry):
£4,500 (120 credits)
More details about our fees
- E: email@example.com
This is a Teesside University award delivered in partnership with your chosen college. This programme offers study over a range of disciplines to help you develop skills to progress your career through employment or further education at degree level. The course is for higher technicians in electrical and electronics design, manufacture, maintenance, testing or fault finding.
Key Information Set
What is KIS?
College KIS data
How you learn
You study 16 units covering the needs of local and national industries and business.
The course combines practical sessions, lectures and tutorials. You are required to complement your college-based learning with self-study.
How you are assessed
Assessment is by a range of integrated assignments, case studies, projects and tests which are planned throughout the year.
You may progress to the final year of the BEng Tech (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering at Teesside University.
The qualification provides you with the opportunity to seek career development into senior positions in national and international companies.
You need an appropriate technician or craft qualification at Level 3 or similar, and a good standard of literacy and numeracy skills. The most common eligible qualifications include A levels, BTEC Extended Diplomas/National Diplomas and Access to Higher Education Diplomas. We may also consider substantial work experience in a relevant area.
If you have non-traditional qualifications, or wish to discuss your eligibility, please call our admissions enquiry telephone number or email.
For additional information please see the undergraduate and postgraduate entry requirements in our admissions section
More information and courses in Engineering
- Analytical Methods for Engineers
- Electrical and Electronic Principles
- Engineering Science
- Project Engineering
Plus twelve specialist modules
- Advanced Mathematics for Engineering
- Application of Pneumatics and Hydraulics
- Business Improvement Techniques
- Combinational and Sequential Logic
- Control and Automation
- Data Communications and Networks
- Digital and Analogue Devices and Circuits
- Engineering Design
- Heavy Current Applications
- Measurement and Testing
- Mechatronic Systems Principles
- Microprocessor Systems
- Operational Amplifiers
- Optical Fibre Communication Systems
- Power Electronics
- Programmable Logic Controllers
- Project Management
- Utilisation of Electrical Energy
Modules offered may vary.