HND Mechanical Engineering
- Up to 3 years
- Enrolment date: September
- Admission enquiries: Darlington College (01325 503050), Middlesbrough College (01642 333700), Hartlepool College of Further Education (01429 295000), Redcar & Cleveland College (01642 473132)
- Fee for UK/EU students
(from Sept 2017 entry):
£4,500 (120 credits)
More details about our fees
- E: email@example.com
This is a Teesside University award delivered in partnership with Darlington College (01325 503050), Middlesbrough College (01642
333700), Hartlepool College of Further Education (01429 295000) and Redcar & Cleveland College (01642 473132).
The course is designed for higher technicians in mechanical design, manufacture, maintenance and testing.
Key Information Set
What is KIS?
College KIS data
How you learn
You study 16 units chosen covering the needs of local and national industries and business.
The course combines practical sessions, lectures and tutorials. You are required to complement your college-based learning with self-study.
How you are assessed
Assessment is by a range of integrated assignments, case studies, projects and tests which are planned throughout the year.
The qualification provides you with the opportunity to work in a range of engineering industries.
Alternatively, you may seek further study to degree level and beyond.
You need an appropriate technician or craft qualification at Level 3 or similar, and a good standard of literacy and numeracy skills. The most common eligible qualifications include A levels, BTEC Extended Diplomas/National Diplomas and Access to Higher Education Diplomas. We may also consider substantial work experience in a relevant area.
If you have non-traditional qualifications, or wish to discuss your eligibility, please call our admissions enquiry telephone number or email.
For additional information please see the undergraduate and postgraduate entry requirements in our admissions section
More information and courses in Engineering
Plus twelve specialist modules
- Advanced Computer-aided Design Techniques
- Advanced Mathematics for Engineering
- Application of Pneumatics and Hydraulics
- Business Improvement Techniques
- Business Management Techniques
- CAD/CAM and Product Development
- Design for Manufacture
- Engineering Design
- Engineering Thermodynamics
- Fabrication Technology
- Fluid Mechanics
- Heat Transfer and Combustion
- Manufacturing Processes
- Materials Engineering
- Measurement and Testing
- Mechatronic Systems Principles
- Microprocessor Systems
- Plant and Process Principles
- Plant Technology
- Programmable Logic Controllers
- Project Management
Modules offered may vary.