Business, Accounting, Leadership & Management
PgCert Coaching for Transformational Change
- Block delivery
- 1 year
- Enrolment date: February at Teesside University Darlington campus
- Admission enquiries: 01642 342804
Note: this course is available at Teesside University Darlington only.
Over the last decade, the human resource development profession has seen a move towards the development and learning of individuals, with much more emphasis on learning-based activities such as coaching.
The skills and attributes of a coach are now seen as essential for the modern-day leader/manager and this Certificate will appeal to individuals across all areas wishing to develop their practical coaching skills and to appreciate the theoretical frameworks underpinning this discipline. This course may be of interest to:
- managers/senior leaders and executives
- team leaders and supervisors
- independent/freelance consultants
- change facilitators
- practising coaches/OD practitioners
- HRM/HRD practitioners.
What you study
You look first at the historical development of coaching as a discipline and also cover other forms of supportive communication, for example mentoring, to understand the major differences. You then go on to develop the skills required to operate as an effective coach along with an appreciation of reflective practice and action learning.
How you learn
You learn in a variety of ways including case study analysis, practical skills development, themed workshops, lectures and seminars together with activities and reading via the University’s virtual learning environment.
How you are assessed
Assessment is based around coursework, written assignments and portfolio development.
The Certificate enables you to carry out an effective coaching role, especially within the current uncertain economic climate, to assist individual employees to carry out their roles more effectively.
The normal entry requirement is one of the following:
- a good honours degree (at least a 2:2) in a relevant discipline
- a post-experience or professional qualification
- equivalent qualifications (including international qualifications).
Applicants without a degree but with significant recent and relevant practical work experience which can be supported/evidenced may be eligible and are encouraged to apply.
For additional information please see the entry requirements in our admissions section
- Teesside Business School Facilities The real world business school. (2 mins)
- Business, Accounting, Leadership & Management
More information and courses in Business, Accounting, Leadership & Management