Meet Beverley Marwood
I gained a great deal of knowledge and experience from my course, particularly from the placements spent working in the NHS, learning first-hand how to apply my skills, build my knowledge and really treat patients.
Meet Paul Watson
PgDip Specialist Community Public Health Nurse – School Nurse
The public health academic staff are very supportive and have a wealth of knowledge and experience.
Meet Suzi Morris
BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science
The lecturers were excellent and the course was well worthwhile.
Meet Terry Doherty
BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science (Top up)
The course was well organised, with a clear pathway through the programme.
Meet Helen Inch
BSc (Hons) Adult Nursing Studies
I enjoyed all my practice placements and felt they helped me to develop my confidence, knowledge and abilities.
Meet Derek Benn
Postgraduate modules in healthcare
The subject of transformational leadership was very relevant to my area of work, so it was easy to relate my learning to my work.
Teesside University academics team with International Committee of the Red Cross to improve physiotherapy care
Two Teesside University physiotherapist academics are working with a leading international humanitarian organisation to ensure that victims of conflict and natural disasters have access to optimal standards of physiotherapy care amidst very challenging conditions.
- 28 Apr | The Business Exchange with Adrian Webster – Remove barriers to truly innovate
- 29 Apr | Lean sales - real world selling skills for start-ups
- 29 Apr | Teaching in schools - an introduction
- 30 Apr | A Cultural Toolkit for Compassionate Healthcare Conference
- 06 May | Doing a literature search (Darlington)
Why study here?
- Social work at Teesside University is in the UK's top ten, according to the Guardian's university guide for 2014.
- Physiotherapy, radiography, nursing and social work scored above 90% for student satisfaction - all above the national average (National Student Survey 2014).
- Midwifery - 100% of our students were in a professional and managerial role after six months of completing their degree (HESA Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education Survey 2012).
Read the latest edition
Download the latest School newsletter (pdf - 2mb)
Education and Training Opportunities
Download Education and Training Opportunities (pdf - 1.4mb)
First class facilities
School of Health & Social Care facilities The School of Health & Social Care has amazing purpose-built facilities simulating practice environments such as hospital wards, dental clinics and social care settings. See how students benefit and prepare for practice. (5 mins)
Studying health and social care
Find out more about studying health and social care through the eyes of real students. Download our magazine (pdf - 1.4mb)