Meet Karen Newton
BSc (Hons) Nursing Studies (Child)
We learn how to help children – and their families – cope with illness and hospitalisation, as well as how to treat them.
Meet Neil Gavin
BSc (Hons) Diagnostic Radiography
Working in diagnostic radiographers is like being at the hub of a wheel, with spokes going off in all directions.
Meet Kayleigh Grantini
BSc (Hons) Midwifery
Lecturers encourage us to be confident individuals and speak up for ourselves.
Meet Amy Long
In addition to the academic work, we have had observational placements and service users coming in to talk to us about their experience.
Meet Monica McGowan
BA (Hons) Social Work
Social work is about empowering people to help themselves.
Meet Rebecca Phillips
BSc (Hons) Nursing Studies (Adult)
In nursing you never stop learning.
Researchers find link between chronic pain and heart disease
Elderly people who have chronic muscle pain are at a significantly increased risk of having heart disease – researchers at Teesside University have found.
- 03 Mar | Marilyn Hallam exhibition - Other Things
- 10 Mar | Business and management information
- 10 Mar | Arithmetic for drug calculations 1: multiplication and conversion
- 11 Mar | Reflective writing (evening 5-6)
- 12 Mar | HSCI Seminar Series - 'The effect of sedentary behaviour interventions on body mass index and body composition in children: a meta-analysis and meta-regression
Why study here?
- Social work at Teesside University is in the UK's top ten, according to the Guardian's university guide for 2014.
- Physiotherapy and occupational therapy scored 97% for student satisfaction while radiography scored 96% - all above the national average (National Student Survey 2013).
- Midwifery - 100% of our students were in a professional and managerial role after six months of completing their degree (HESA Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education Survey 2012).
Read the latest edition
Download the latest School newsletter (pdf - 2mb)
Education and Training Opportunities
Download Education and Training Opportunities (pdf - 336kb)
First class facilities
Study dental courses in our new £17m Centuria South building We have top of the range facilities for our BSc (Hons) Dental Hygiene and Dental Therapy and Cert HE in Dental Nurse Practice courses. (2mins)
Studying health and social care
Find out more about studying health and social care through the eyes of real students. Download our magazine (pdf - 1.4mb)