Meet Beverley Marwood
I gained a great deal of knowledge and experience from my course, particularly from the placements spent working in the NHS, learning first-hand how to apply my skills, build my knowledge and really treat patients.
Meet Paul Watson
PgDip Specialist Community Public Health Nurse – School Nurse
The public health academic staff are very supportive and have a wealth of knowledge and experience.
Meet Suzi Morris
BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science
The lecturers were excellent and the course was well worthwhile.
Meet Terry Doherty
BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science (Top up)
The course was well organised, with a clear pathway through the programme.
Meet Helen Inch
BSc (Hons) Adult Nursing Studies
I enjoyed all my practice placements and felt they helped me to develop my confidence, knowledge and abilities.
Meet Derek Benn
Postgraduate modules in healthcare
The subject of transformational leadership was very relevant to my area of work, so it was easy to relate my learning to my work.
National recognition for Teesside student nurse
Teesside University student nurse Michelle Hudson has received national recognition at a prestigious awards ceremony in London.
- 02 Jun | Engaging key influencers; driving change
- 03 Jun | Lean start-up workshop 1 - creating and testing your ideas
- 03 Jun | Teesside University Research Network (TURN): Research on Gender, Crime, and Justice in China
- 04 Jun | ¡VAMOS! Garden Party
- 05 Jun | The Business Exchange with Rita Clifton: Branding in a B2B marketplace
Why study here?
- Social work at Teesside University is in the UK's top ten, according to the Guardian's university guide for 2014.
- Physiotherapy, radiography, nursing and social work scored above 90% for student satisfaction - all above the national average (National Student Survey 2014).
- Midwifery - 100% of our students were in a professional and managerial role after six months of completing their degree (HESA Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education Survey 2012).
Read the latest edition
Download the latest School newsletter (pdf - 2mb)
Education and Training Opportunities
Download Education and Training Opportunities (pdf - 1.4mb)
First class facilities
School of Health & Social Care facilities The School of Health & Social Care has amazing purpose-built facilities simulating practice environments such as hospital wards, dental clinics and social care settings. See how students benefit and prepare for practice. (5 mins)
Studying health and social care
Find out more about studying health and social care through the eyes of real students. Download our magazine (pdf - 1.4mb)