Meet Holly Elliott
MSc Diagnostic Radiography
'The master's course enables postgraduates to learn a whole new career in 18 months.'
Meet Beverley Marwood
'I gained a great deal of knowledge and experience from my course, particularly from the placements working in the NHS.'
Meet Paul Watson
PgDip Specialist Community Public Health Nurse – School Nurse
'The public health academic staff are very supportive and have a wealth of knowledge and experience.'
Meet Bryony Manning
PgDip Midwifery Studies
'Studying here has allowed me to fulfil a lifelong dream of becoming a midwife, giving me an excellent platform to build my career.'
Meet Natasha Patel
Doctorate in Clinical Psychology
'The choice and variety of placements on offer was huge - I was able to shape my training to incorporate my interests.'
Meet Sandra Smyth
BSc (Hons) Nursing in the Home / District Nursing
'The course fed my natural curiosity in my chosen field.'
Nursing graduate Rob earned national recognition during his studies
Rob Nestor, who came to Teesside University as a mature student, was shortlisted for a prestigious national award during his studies.
- 29 Jul | Industry Site Visits with Middlesbrough Institute of Modern Art
- 20 Aug | Clearing Fair
- 26 Aug | Industry Site Visits with Middlesbrough Institute of Modern Art
- 30 Aug | Climate change: just a load of hot air?
- 06 Sep | Perinatal Mental Health Conference 'The landscape of perinatal mental health'
Why study here?
- Social work at Teesside University is in the UK's top ten, according to the Guardian's university guide for 2014.
- 92% of our nursing students are satisfied with their course (National Student Survey 2015)
- Midwifery - 100% of our students were in a professional and managerial role after six months of completing their degree (HESA Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education Survey 2012).
Read the latest edition.
Download the latest School newsletter (pdf - 5.2mb)
Education and Training Opportunities
School of Health & Social Care facilities
The School of Health & Social Care has amazing purpose-built facilities simulating practice environments such as hospital wards, dental clinics and social care settings. See how students benefit and prepare for practice.