Meet Terry Doherty
BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science (Top up),
The course was well organised, with a clear pathway through the programme.
Meet Helen Inch
BSc (Hons) Adult Nursing Studies
I enjoyed all my practice placements and felt they helped me to develop my confidence, knowledge and abilities.
Meet Derek Benn
postgraduate modules in healthcare
The subject of transformational leadership was very relevant to my area of work, so it was easy to relate my learning to my work.
Meet Sophie Suri
The work is novel and has the potential to improve clinical care – a very exciting project and team to be part of.
Meet Emma Mead
A PhD is definitely a worthwhile qualification, it gives you the chance to develop your research skills, preparing you for a career in research.
Meet Rebecca Kranz
MSc Diagnostic Radiography
The clinical placements were excellent, and allowed the students to really get stuck-in and gain hands-on experience, which is the best way to learn the practical aspects of the job.
Three degrees of celebration for nursing staff
Three nurses who work and studied together are now due to graduate at the same time from Teesside University’s School of Health & Social Care.
- 09 Jan | Perfect persona - communication skills for entrepreneurs
- 12 Jan | CINAHL
- 13 Jan | Academic writing: an introduction
- 14 Jan | Lean start-up workshop 1 - creating and testing your ideas
- 14 Jan | CVs
Why study here?
- Social work at Teesside University is in the UK's top ten, according to the Guardian's university guide for 2014.
- Physiotherapy, radiography, nursing and social work scored above 90% for student satisfaction - all above the national average (National Student Survey 2014).
- Midwifery - 100% of our students were in a professional and managerial role after six months of completing their degree (HESA Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education Survey 2012).
Read the latest edition
Download the latest School newsletter (pdf - 2mb)
Education and Training Opportunities
Download Education and Training Opportunities (pdf - 1.4mb)
First class facilities
School of Health & Social Care facilities The School of Health & Social Care has amazing purpose-built facilities simulating practice environments such as hospital wards, dental clinics and social care settings. See how students benefit and prepare for practice. (5 mins)
Studying health and social care
Find out more about studying health and social care through the eyes of real students. Download our magazine (pdf - 1.4mb)