Meet Holly Elliott
MSc Diagnostic Radiography
'The master's course enables postgraduates to learn a whole new career in 18 months.'
Meet Beverley Marwood
I gained a great deal of knowledge and experience from my course, particularly from the placements spent working in the NHS, learning first-hand how to apply my skills, build my knowledge and really treat patients.
Meet Paul Watson
PgDip Specialist Community Public Health Nurse – School Nurse
The public health academic staff are very supportive and have a wealth of knowledge and experience.
Meet Bryony Manning
PgDip Midwifery Studies
Studying at Teesside has allowed me to fulfil a lifelong dream of becoming a midwife, and has given me an excellent platform on which to build my future career.
Meet Natasha Patel
Doctorate in Clinical Psychology
The choice and variety of placements on offer was huge, and I was able to focus on what I was interested in and shape my training to incorporate my interests.
Meet Sandra Smyth
BSc (Hons) Nursing in the Home / District Nursing
The course fed my natural curiosity in my chosen field.
Early intervention to change teenagers’ risky drinking behaviour
Researchers are spearheading a unique project to change the behaviour of teenagers and prevent them getting into dangerous situations as a result of alcohol.
- 09 Sep | Part-time open day
- 09 Sep | Postgraduate open day
- 10 Sep | Using and creating scientific knowledge to improve physical performance in football
- 14 Sep | The Library – What’s New?
- 15 Sep | The Library – What’s New?
Why study here?
- Social work at Teesside University is in the UK's top ten, according to the Guardian's university guide for 2014.
- 92% of our nursing students are satisfied with their course (National Student Survey 2015)
- Midwifery - 100% of our students were in a professional and managerial role after six months of completing their degree (HESA Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education Survey 2012).
Read the latest edition
Download the latest School newsletter (pdf - 2mb)
Education and Training Opportunities
Download Education and Training Opportunities (pdf - 1.4mb)
First class facilities
School of Health & Social Care facilities The School of Health & Social Care has amazing purpose-built facilities simulating practice environments such as hospital wards, dental clinics and social care settings. See how students benefit and prepare for practice. (5 mins)
Studying health and social care
Find out more about studying health and social care through the eyes of real students. Download our magazine (pdf - 1.4mb)