BP BIG SCREENS 2017 | THE DREAM/SYMPHONIC VARIATIONS/MARGUERITE AND ARMAND | WEDNESDAY 7 JUNE AT 7.30PM WITH PRE-PERFORMANCE SCREENING FROM 7PM
The Royal Ballet brings its celebrations of 70 years at the Royal Opera House to a close with a mixed programme of three of the greatest works by its Founder Choreographer Frederick Ashton. The Dream is an enchanting dance adaptation of Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream, the breathtaking abstract work on the beauty of pure movement Symphonic Variations is Ashton’s first masterpiece, and Marguerite and Armand, inspired by the celebrated dance partnership of Margot Fonteyn and Rudolf Nureyev, is a tragic love story of great lyrical beauty.
AS A GUIDANCE ALL BP BIG SCREENS ARE RATED 12A DUE TO BEING LIVE RELAYS
CLAIM YOUR FREE DIGITAL PROGRAMME AND FIND
OUT MORE ABOUT YOUR NEAREST BP BIG SCREEN
Event venue – Campus Heart, Teesside University.
The campus heart is in the middle of the Teesside University Campus and is located on the old Southfield Road. Free parking is available in the ‘Tower car park’ which can be accessed off Woodlands Road. The postcode for the car park is TS1 3DP. The area is suitable for wheelchairs and pushchairs. We have arranged for some street food vendors to be present where you can purchase food and drink, alternatively you are welcome to bring your own picnic. All litter should be disposed of in the bins provided or taken home. A limited number of deckchairs and picnic benches will be available, but there will be no dedicated event seating so please bring camping chairs, cushions or blankets for comfort. This is an outdoor event, so please dress appropriately for the anticipated weather conditions.
In the interest of public safety, the following conditions will apply in Campus Heart:
• Free entry to the event enclosure is on a first come first served basis subject to capacity - event pre-booking is not required
• Event stewards will be entitled to search persons and/or their possessions on entry to the event enclosure. Staff will not take responsibility for any prohibited items.
• Prohibited items include, but are not restricted to, large parasols, gazebos, awnings and portable barbecues.
• The organisers reserve the right to refuse admission to the event enclosure for whatever reason.
• All children (under 16) must be accompanied by an adult.
• You are welcome to bring a picnic, but for safety reasons, please do not bring any glass containers to the event.