Open learning in engineering courses
You can apply for the open learning HNC/D courses online. Use the 'apply online' link on the course you are interested in. If you have any queries about what you should include in your application contact:
T: 01642 342740
If you have any problems re-accessing your application contact our Finance & Student Records Department:
T: 01642 384228
To discuss a programme before you apply, call the number given in the specific course entry.
Higher National Certificates
- Chemical Engineering, HNC
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering, HNC
- Instrumentation and Control Engineering, HNC
- Mechanical Engineering, HNC
- Offshore Engineering and Subsea Intervention by Flexible Open Learning, HNC
- Process Engineering, HNC
Higher National Diplomas
- Chemical Engineering, HND
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering, HND
- Instrumentation and Control Engineering, HND
- Mechanical Engineering, HND
- Process Engineering, HND
The principal entry requirement for a Teesside University open learning in engineering HNC course is that our tutors are satisfied you can be expected to benefit from the course and have a realistic expectation of successfully completing it.
The basic entry requirement for the HNC courses is a level 3 qualification in mathematics. If you do not hold a qualification at this level then we have a bridging module available - Foundation Mathematics for Engineers.
For entry onto either HNC Chemical Engineering or HNC Processing Engineering you may be required to complete a bridging module in Process Chemistry.
In addition, we will make every effort to take relevant previous experience and appropriate alternative qualifications into account.