Open learning in engineering courses
You can apply for the open learning HNC/D courses online. Use the 'apply online' link on the course you are interested in. If you have any queries about what you should include in your application contact:
T: 01642 342740
If you have any problems re-accessing your application contact our Finance and Commercial Development Department:
T: 01642 384228
To discuss a programme before you apply, call the number given in the specific course entry.
Higher National Certificates
- Chemical Engineering, HNC
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering, HNC
- Instrumentation and Control Engineering, HNC
- Mechanical Engineering, HNC
- Offshore Engineering and Subsea Intervention by Flexible Open Learning, HNC
- Process Engineering, HNC
Higher National Diplomas
- Chemical Engineering, HND
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering, HND
- Instrumentation and Control Engineering, HND
- Mechanical Engineering, HND
- Process Engineering, HND
The principal entry requirement for a Teesside University open learning in engineering HNC course is that our tutors are satisfied you can be expected to benefit from the course and have a realistic expectation of successfully completing it.
The basic entry requirement for the HNC courses is a level 3 qualification in mathematics. If you do not hold a qualification at this level then we have a bridging module available - Foundation Mathematics for Engineers. If you wish to start with the Foundation Mathematics for Engineers module, please state this on your application form.
For entry onto either HNC Chemical Engineering or HNC Processing Engineering you may be required to complete a bridging module in Process Chemistry.
In addition, we will make every effort to take relevant previous experience and appropriate alternative qualifications into account.