School of Social Sciences, Business & Law
Business courses are designed with the help of students and employers to blend theory with practice.
‘Teesside has a real community feel which makes you feel valued.’
Criminology & Sociology
Teesside University has a distinguished history of sociology and criminology teaching and research.
'University is definitely worth it – it’s been the best time of my life.'
Education, Early Childhood & Youth
A career in education empowers you with the skills to enable others to learn.
'The teaching placement was hard work but very rewarding.'
Law, Policing & Investigation
Whether you want a degree or are looking at postgraduate level, our law team has something for you.
'A law degree opens the door to many careers.'
Studying psychology at Teesside University develops your practical skills as well as your theoretical understanding.
A week in the life of a second-year Teesside student
Sport & Exercise
Here's your chance to educate, train and innovate in tomorrow's world.
‘I’ve achieved my main target – a career within football.’
- 23 Feb | Year 9 discovery day: Fine art printmaking
- 03 Mar | Workshop - What do businesses really want from researchers? Alastair Thomson, Director of Corporate Engagement
- 03 Mar | Critical thinking
- 04 Mar | Academic writing: an introduction (Darlington)
- 04 Mar | Teesside University Research Network (TURN)
- 04 Mar | Practice assessment centre - facilitated by Enterprise Rent a Car (1.00pm start)
- 04 Mar | Educate Teacher Training
- 04 Mar | Discovery day: psychology, love and aggression
The School of Social Sciences, Business & Law provides excellence in teaching and research in a diverse range of areas.
Congratulations to all students who will be graduating from SSSL and TUBS between 24 November and 2 December! Well done on achieving your award.
Check out our graduation site to find out more about graduation 2014.
You can get involved in the conversation using #tugrad
The Social Futures Institute mission is to grow high quality research and enterprise around the key theme of 'society'.
More about Social Futures Institute