Committed to helping the environment
Teesside University has a dedicated approach to its environmental responsibilities and is aware of the impact the University's operations can have locally, nationally and internationally.
The University is involved in a range of initiatives that aim to both highlight and improve environmental issues.
- the University’s first Green Travel Plan was implemented in 2006
- in 2009 Teesside University achieved the Carbon Trust Standard, the world's first independent carbon award that requires organisations to measure, manage and reduce carbon emissions across their own operations.
Continue to improve
The aim for Teesside University is to keep striving for environmental improvements.
The University established the Environmental Advisory Group in 2010 with a target to gain EcoCampus (platinum) accreditation. EcoCampus is the leading environmental management system and award scheme for the higher and further education sectors.
Following the EcoCampus process has provided clarity in setting environmental management priorities. The University is already seeing significant benefits in terms of reduced electricity usage in IT Server systems, a reduction in the paper-based information being sent out to students and the successful cycle to work schemes.
There is always more work to do and the University will keep improving.
Policies Strategies & Standing Documents
- Environmental Policy (pdf - 446kb)
- Environmental Strategy (word - 108kb)
- Energy Management Policy (word - 148kb)
- Ethical Investment Strategy (word - 516kb)
- CSR Mission Statement (word - 67kb)
- Corporate Responsibility Mission Statement (word - 67kb)
- Environmental Emissions & Discharges (word - 33kb)
- Sustainable Procurement Framework (word - 80kb)
- Sustainable Food Policy (word - 90kb)
- Drinking Water Policy (word - 112kb)
- EAUC Certificate (pdf - 384kb)
- EcoCampus National Award Scheme Certificate (pdf - 700kb)
News & Updates
- Annual Environmental Report 2015 (word - 1.7mb)
- Annual Environmental Report 2013 (pdf - 1.4mb)
- Environmental Representatives 2015 (pdf - 151kb)
- Energy Report 2015 Breakdown (pdf - 1.3mb)
- Energy Report July 2015 (pdf - 2.1mb)
- Display Energy Certificates (excel - 34kb)
- Warpit Report June 2015 (pdf - 335kb)
- Monthly Waste Report August 2015 (excel - 99kb)
- Grapevine Summary of Stories (word - 73kb)