Nominate an Honorary Graduate
To be considered for an honorary title individuals must fit one of the following criteria:
- Have attained academic distinction and have a local connection
- Promotion of the Tees Valley region
- Services to the Tees Valley region
- Development or promotion of the ‘Opportunity University’ concept
- International recognition and a local connection
Anyone from the University community, past or present, can make a nomination. All nominations are presented to the honorary awards committee who make a recommendation to the Academic Board. The committee is made up of representatives from the Academic Board and the Governing Body. The process for nominating an individual for an honorary award is confidential.