Enterprise Educators UK (EEUK), the national network for enterprise educators, is coming to Teesside University’s Darlington campus.
EEUK, which aims to increase the scale, scope and effectiveness of enterprise and entrepreneurship teaching, will hold its Best Practice event from 10.30am to 4.00pm on Thursday 9 February.
The event - Smarter support for sustainable graduate enterprise - will look at effective methods of supporting graduate entrepreneurs to build sustainable ventures.
This one day event will include interactive workshops to encourage the sharing of practical knowledge and techniques.
Delegates who attend will have the opportunity to
• learn more about Teesside University's Digital Fellowship scheme, which has supported the launch of over 200 new graduate businesses
• hear about the challenges of both mentoring on the programme and participating on it
• share and take away ideas, experiences and techniques for developing more effective sustainable graduate enterprise programmes
• explore ways in which the Digital Fellowship model might be adapted to delegates' own institutional goals
• share their thoughts and experiences through discussion and workshops.
Speakers will include Andy Price, of Teesside University; Dominic Lusardi, of Animmersion Limited and a former Digital City Innovation fellow; Sara Pates, Enterprise Business Manager, Sheffield University Enterprise; and Richard Hanage, of Richard Hanage Associates.
The event is free to EEUK members and £90 to others. Places can be booked through the events section of the EEUK website.
For more information contact Nazia Ali, Department of Academic Enterprise, on 01642 384553 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
31 January 2012
Uni to host EEUK event
Evening Gazette (Teesside), 07/02/2012, p.12, Middlesbrough Business Forum (Web), 01/02/2012
The national network for enterprise educators, or Enterprise Educators UK will be holding its Best Practice event at Teesside University on Thursday.