Degree apprenticeships

For employers

Develop specialist expertise and high-level skills while keeping your business up-to-date with industry knowledge.
As one of the UK's lead providers of degree apprenticeships, approved by the Education and Skills Funding Agency, we work with organisations across all sectors, giving you real input into your sector's skills provision.

We have a proven track record of delivering work-related education, industry and business partnerships and learn-while-you-earn programmes. We've worked with big brands and organisations for decades and developed a modern apprentice partnership with the North East Chamber of Commerce.

  • Tuition fees are paid by a combination of employer and government investment
  • Develop the expertise you need with direct input into the skills provision for your sector
  • Upskill, motivate and retain your existing employees - with no age limit
  • Apprentices can fill higher-level skill gaps

Courses


We work closely with employers to provide educational and training solutions that meet employer requirements. We offer a range of degree apprenticeships based on available approved national standards and we are adding more to the list as new national standards become available.

* Courses marked with an asterisk are subject to University approval


Degree apprenticeships in digital technology, management and health

Available from September 2017


Degree apprenticeships in science, engineering and design

Available from September 2017

Coming soon

  • Aerospace Engineer Degree Apprenticeship*
    • BEng (Hons) Aerospace Engineering
  • Laboratory Scientist Degree Apprenticeship* (award titles from list below)*
    • BSc (Hons) Chemistry
    • BSc (Hons) Forensic Science
  • Power Engineer Integrated Degree Apprenticeship* (award titles from list below)*
    • MEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering
    • MEng (Hons) Instrumentation and Control Engineering
  • Postgraduate Engineer Degree Apprenticeship (award titles from list below)*
    • PgDip Electrical Power and Energy Systems
    • PgDip Food Processing Engineering
    • PgDip Instrumentation and Control Engineering
    • PgDip Mechanical Engineering
    • PgDip Oil and Gas Management
    • PgDip Petroleum Engineering
    • PgDip Project Management

Advanced entry degree apprenticeships (AdEDA) in science, engineering and design

As an employer you can recruit apprentices directly from school or college leavers, or you can join our AdEDA employer network and select your new apprentices from Teesside University's current students who are completing their first year of studies on a relevant degree, HNC or HND.

By joining our AdEDA scheme you can you can select apprentices with proven university-level academic ability, and you can reduce the amount your organisation pays for training new apprentices by up to 50%.

Find out more

Fees and funding


Levy-paying employer

Apprenticeship levy-paying employers (those with pay bills over £3m) pay for apprenticeship training from their online levy accounts via the government's apprenticeship service. They will also receive a 10% government top-up to their online accounts.

Non-levy paying employer

Non-levy payers pay only 10% of the cost of apprenticeship training, with the remaining 90% being paid by the government.

Client testimonials


Who we work with


. This is an external website. The link to Digital City will open in a new window.
. This is an external website. The link to Materials Processing Institute will open in a new window.
. This is an external website. The link to NEPIC will open in a new window.
. This is an external website. The link to European Regional Development Fund will open in a new window.
. This is an external website. The link to Digital City will open in a new window.
. This is an external website. The link to Materials Processing Institute will open in a new window.
. This is an external website. The link to Materials Processing Institute will open in a new window.
. This is an external website. The link to Materials Processing Institute will open in a new window.

Request a call back


Back to top