Prepare for arrival
How to apply for your accommodation and other things you will need to consider
When you get your visa, please let us know. We will then send you a checklist to help you with all the remaining things you need to do.
Importantly, this is the time for you to:
Apply for your accommodation
You must accept a conditional or unconditional course place offer before you can apply for accommodation online.
- we will send you an email to the email address on your UCAS or application form
- all applicants are invited to apply for accommodation ‐ if you need accommodation, please complete the online form detailed in the email
- when we receive your application, we will send you an email acknowledgement of your choices
- if you don't receive an email acknowledgement, contact us so we can check we've received your application
- Once you have been allocated a room we will let you know by email
- A formal offer of the hall and room will be posted to you from May onwards
- You must accept or reject the offer of accommodation within 14 days
- If accepting, you will need to pay £150 deposit when you return your acceptance to us ‐ the deposit is refundable if you do not take up your course place
- Please note ‐ insurance applicants cannot apply at this stage
- If you need to take up your insurance offer, you will be emailed in August with details of how to apply for accommodation
- International students must follow the same procedure ‐ please don't wait until you receive the outcome of your visa application
Equality and diversity
We welcome applications from every section of the community as part of our commitment to equality of opportunity within a diverse working and learning environment.
Book your flight
Middlesbrough is close to several airports and is well‐connected by public transport. There are a number of easy ways you can travel to Middlesbrough town centre.
Find out more here