After you've applied
A step-by-step guide to what you need to do once you've completed your application for Teesside University.
- The University processes your application and considers if you can be allocated a place
- We send you an offer by email - or a rejection if you don't meet the entry criteria.
- If you receive a conditional offer from the University it may include the English level requirement and an academic requirement
- We send you details of how to pay your deposit with the offer.
- At this stage you should confirm your offer to accept your place
- This allows you to apply for accommodation.
- When you meet any academic conditions, you need to send a copy of your new transcripts and marks sheets through the overseas office, agent or directly to the University
- If you need to pay a deposit as part of your conditions, you should do this now to receive your unconditional offer.
- You will receive an unconditional offer by email with your details as they will appear in the confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS)
- You must check that the information is accurate (name, date of birth, passport number, address, course etc) and confirm to the University it is correct before the CAS is issued.
- The University applies for a CAS number and lets you know this by email
- The CAS number and information in your offer are called your CAS statement. You need to include this information when you apply for your visa but you don't need any original copy of the CAS.
- You can obtain a visa application form and guidance notes from the UK Border Agency
- If you applied via an agent, your agent may also be able to help with applying for a visa.
- When you get your visa, please let us know. You should confirm your accommodation and you will receive a checklist from the University so you know what to do next
- When you have arranged your flight, let Student Services know your flight details so we can meet you and take you to your accommodation when you arrive in the UK.