Life on campus
Safe and friendly
Teesside is a safe and friendly place where you will soon feel at home.
In the International Student Barometer 2017, there was 90.0% satisfaction rate for living experience (409 students participated).
- The Students' Union is led by students for students. As a student you elect the president and officers who represent you and campaign on your behalf
- In the International Student Barometer 2017 Teesside University is ranked number one of 31 UK universities for its Students’ Union and social activities, and number one of 120 world universities for social facilities (based on the views of 409 Teesside University Students)
- Socialise at the Students' Union building - The Hub. It includes social spaces where you can relax with friends, a shop, places to eat, bars, support, and a job service to help you find part-time work
- Register for your National Union of Students Extra card for only £12 a year. You get high-street savings, discounts on travel and exclusive offers at the Students' Union.
Join a society
- Join one - or more - of our student societies to meet new friends, take part in sport or cultural activities and practise your faith
- In the International Student Barometer 2017, there was 97.3% satisfaction rate for our university clubs and societies (409 students participated).
- Meet other students from your country, culture or who share your religious beliefs. Feel more at home through societies like Interlink, Chinese society, Islamic society, other country societies or voluntary activities in the local area
- Meet students from other countries and experience UK culture - try football, basketball, cricket, badminton or tennis
- Find plenty of other societies and specific interest groups in the local area
More about our Students' Union societies
Support your faith
- Whatever your faith, you can get independent and confidential support from the University Chaplaincy
- You will find places of worship within easy reach of the University - Buddhist, Anglican, Roman Catholic, United Reformed, Baptist, Methodist, Quaker, Greek Orthodox, Hindu, Islamic and Sikh
- In the International Student Barometer 2017, there was 91.5% satisfaction rate for our worship facilities (409 students participated).
On campus, we have superb facilities for sport and wellbeing. Whether you are an elite athlete or you just want to try a new sport - you will find what you're looking for here.
- Benefit from our new £17m sport and health sciences building - a state-of-the-art learning environment if you are studying sports therapy
- In the International Student Barometer 2017, there was 92.5% satisfaction rate for our sports facilities (409 students participated).
- Take part - our Olympia sports complex includes a 500-spectator sports hall for major tournaments
- Keep fit. Facilities include top-of-the-range sport and exercise labs, a temperature-controlled environmental chamber, climbing wall, floodlit artificial turf pitch, rugby pitches, sauna and steam room, squash courts and three sports halls, and a white-water rafting course
- Stay focused. Initiatives include our focus sports and intra mural sports leagues, Students' Union clubs, volunteering and community sport projects. Off campus, you'll find even more
- Enjoy our 60-acre Saltersgill Sports Ground, the River Tees Water Sports Centre for rowing, canoeing and kayaking and the nearby Tees Barrage, which has a world-class white water rafting course
- Choose from local tennis, swimming, water sports, athletics, pool and snooker facilities
- Go outdoors with walks and activities in the North York Moors and along the beautiful North Yorkshire coastline
More about sport and wellbeing at Teesside