Why choose Teesside University
- Over 85 years of teaching and learning
- Our silver rating in the government’s new Teaching Excellence Framework reflects our strategic approach to teaching excellence, our commitment to our students and our emphasis on providing a high-quality learning and student experience.
- Listed in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2019
- Teesside University is ranked number one of 199 world universities for overall average satisfaction (International Student Barometer 2018)*
- Ranked in the top 20 list of international animation schools (Animation Career Review 2017).
Find out more about award, league table and survey information
Excellent job prospects
- Our graduates are working all over the world for companies such as the BBC, Aston Martin, Disney, Johnson Matthey, HSBC, United States Air Force Research Lab, Vodafone, Microsoft, the NHS, Rolls-Royce, Raleigh UK, 22 Cans, Framestore.
- We help you launch your career through work placements, volunteering, live projects, accredited courses and graduate internships.
- Teesside University is ranked 1 of 44 UK universities for careers advice. (International Student Barometer 2018)*
Find out more about our careers support
- We offer international scholarships of up to £1,500 - eligibility criteria apply.
- Teesside University is ranked 1 of 44 UK universities for accommodation cost. (International Student Barometer 2018)*
- We have affordable accommodation with free internet access, all within walking distance of the campus.
Find out more about our accommodation
- The cost of living is relatively low with student discounts widely available.
- Teesside University is based in Middlesbrough, in the heart of the north east of England. It's a friendly multicultural town with many varieties of shops, supermarkets, cinemas, restaurants, clubs, sports and museums.
Find out more
- Appreciate the local beauty – countryside and historic towns – with two national parks and areas of outstanding natural beauty. It's an area that many international tourists choose to visit.
- Arrive here easily – Durham Tees Valley Airport is 13 miles from the University and Newcastle Airport is less than 50 miles away. It is much easier to fly direct to these airports rather than via a London airport.
- You can reach London or Edinburgh by train in 2.5 hours, with cities such as York, Leeds, Newcastle and Durham 1.5 hours or less by road.
- Students from over 100 countries have graduated through our programmes.
- Over the last ten years we have delivered programmes across the globe, in countries including Botswana, Zambia, Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Sri Lanka, Bahrain, Greece, Germany and the Czech Republic.
- We have research partnerships with universities across Europe and beyond, including leading institutions in Qatar, China and India.
*Based on the views of 410 students. More info at tees.ac.uk/source