People from all over the world are attracted by our innovative courses, excellent academic facilities and internationally recognised British qualifications.
We're top of the class
Teesside University is consistently in the top four in the UK for overall average international student satisfaction.
Our students love it
- We are the UK's best new university for student experience in the UK (Times Higher Education survey 2011)
- 86% of our degree students are happy with their course, in fact radiography students gave us a 100% score (National Student Survey 2012).
A first-class campus
- We have invested £137m on campus to provide top-class facilities for our students
- We have just spent £2.1m refurbishing our library with new group work spaces, learning café, improved silent study zone and IT
- Students love our facilities – they've rated us as one of the best in the country, according to whatuni.com
Read the reviews on Whatuni website
- Our library resources are in the English universities' top ten and number one in the North East (National Student Survey 2012).
Enjoy high-quality learning
- Teesside University was awarded University of the Year 2009-10 (Times Higher Education Awards) – the only modern university ever to win it
- We were also awarded Outstanding Employer Engagement Initiative 2009-10 (Times Higher Education Awards)
- We offer internationally recognised British qualifications and the chance to gain practical experience working in business and industry
- Teesside has an established and growing research reputation regionally, nationally and internationally
- Our international graduates go on to work in international business – HSBC, Microsoft, Pixar – and many set up global high-tech and digital start-ups in our DigitalCity
- We have partnerships with universities around the world – Wuhan Polytechnic University, China; University of South Carolina, USA; Universiti Teknologi MARA in Malaysia.
With you every step
- As an international student you feel supported from arriving, through to studying and beyond
- A £1,500 scholarship if you are a self-funded international (non-European Union) student studying on a foundation, undergraduate or postgraduate programme
- Apply in time and we can guarantee you a place in some of the most affordable accommodation in the UK – all within walking distance of the campus
Accommodation in pictures
- Teesside University is accredited by the British Council as an English language training provider.
- Our students, graduates and staff are internationally connected in work and community.
More about our global perspectives
Enjoy our region
- Teesside University is based in Middlesbrough, in the heart of the North of England.
Middlesbrough & Tees Valley in pictures
- Arrive here easily – Durham Tees Valley Airport is 13 miles from the University and Newcastle Airport is less than 50 miles away. It is much easier to fly direct to these airports rather than via a London airport.
More about student life