Applications for the Vice Chancellor Award for September 2018 entrants are now closed.
About the award
This prestigious award will recognise applications from outstanding international students enrolling at Teesside University for the first time, who can demonstrate their skills and commitment to becoming future global leaders.
Value of scholarship: The Award will be a one-off payment of £3000, which will be allocated as a fee waiver in the first year of study.
Number of scholarships available: The Vice-Chancellor Award will be offered to a maximum of 20 individuals.
Eligibility criteria: In order to be eligible to apply for the esteemed Vice-Chancellor Award, you will:
• Be an international fee-paying undergraduate or postgraduate taught degree offer holder, enrolling for the first time at Teesside University
• Have been offered a place to study at Teesside University for the next academic year (2018-19)
• Submit an application for consideration.
• The Vice-Chancellor’s Award may not be used in conjunction with any other Teesside University Scholarship or Staying-On bonus
• Successful applicants may still receive the £500 discount for early payment of their fees.
Selection Process: You are required to submit an application, of no more than 500 words, demonstrating your outstanding attributes, and how you will use your Teesside degree to achieve the future you deserve.
A University panel will select the most promising students to receive the Vice-Chancellor Award.
Student Expectations: Successful recipients of the Vice-Chancellor Award will be required to act as Ambassadors for the University, which may involve, but is not limited to the following:
• Representing Teesside University at Open Days
• Contribution to marketing and promotional material
• Participating in the International Student Welcome Event
• Mentoring (2nd year+)
• Contribution to/creation of a blog or vlog to report on your experience at Teesside University.
The deadline for applications was Friday 27 April 2018 and decisions for the September 2018 intake have now been communicated. No further applications are being accepted at this time.