Choose Teesside University
Excellent courses and research opportunities
We are committed to creating and delivering value to our students – it's what we do best.
We offer quality courses and research opportunities in a range of dynamic, energetic and innovative learning environments to take you to the next level.
- You are well informed: our library resources are in the English universities' top ten and number one in the North East (National Student Survey 2012).
- The facilities at Teesside are ranked as the second best in the country according to the Whatuni Student Choice Awards 2011.
Our campus in pictures
- The Corner, our postgraduate learning lounge, is an ideal place to meet and network with other students and relax for an informal discussion.
- Our courses and lectures are ranked as the best in the North East and in the country's top ten (Whatuni Student Choice Awards 2011).
- Benefit from our strong reputation for research and enterprise with national and international academic, industrial and public sector partners.
- Many of our postgraduate courses are accredited by the relevant professional bodies, like the Chartered Institute of Marketing, British Psychological Society, National Council for the Training of Journalists. We work with local and national employers to make our courses directly relevant to your future.
Our students love us
- Teesside is the best new university for student experience in the UK (Times Higher Education survey 2011).
- We are the UK's top new university for Students' Union Satisfaction (National Student Survey 2012).
- We are consistently in the top four in the UK for overall average international student satisfaction (International Student Barometer 2008-11).
Great value for money
- A postgraduate degree at Teesside is worth on average £200,000 extra in lifetime earnings (The Sutton Trust).
- If you are coming from overseas, benefit from our international scholarship - it's worth £1,500 a year if you are an individual full fee paying student (not sponsored by your employer or government). Pay fees in full on or before enrolment and get another 5% discount.
- Our taught and research opportunities include professional master's and doctorate programmes - ideal if you're looking to do research that's more relevant to your work.
- If you are looking for a chance to develop your skills and experience, we can give practical help and information on how to find a work placement or internship.
- We are constantly expanding volunteering opportunities on campus (sports volunteering, event volunteering), and locally and nationally through Voluntees, our online volunteer service. 73% of employers would employ someone with volunteering experience over someone without (Timebank).