We assist academic and research staff to source, apply for and manage external research funding from a variety of sponsors. Support is available at all stages of the funding process and is designed to be as flexible as possible.
For more information on research funding contact:
Research Support Officer
T: 01642 738046
Research Development and Impact Officer
T: 01642 738177
- we identify and disseminate sources of national and international funding to the wider research community and to individuals with specific research interests or projects
- we deliver funding opportunities seminars, on a variety of topics, sponsors and funding schemes, for academic and research staff at all career stages
- we liaise with external agencies to disseminate up-to-date research funding information to the research community.
Supporting grant applications:
- we offer individual advice and assistance on the preparation of funding applications
- we provide one-to-one support with all aspects of the application and submission process to ensure that each bid is as strong as possible
- we provide advice on the costing and pricing of research including the calculation of project budgets and the requirements for full economic costing
- we obtain authorisation for grant applications on behalf of the university and ensure the submission of required documentation.
- we provide guidance and support with all aspects of post-award management, from setting up projects to ongoing monitoring and reporting
- we liaise with our legal, finance and human resources departments to provide post-award support for grant holders
- we liaise with external agencies and handle queries to and from sponsors regarding ongoing projects.
Resources and links
Teesside University subscribes to Research Professional an online research funding opportunities database service. University staff are able to set up their own profile and obtain regular funding opportunities emails tailored to their area of research interest.
We also subscribe to the UK Research Office to obtain up-to-date information on all funding opportunities offered by the EU’s Seventh Framework Programme, as well as other sources of funding across the EU and other European-level funding organisations. UKRO visit the university each year and we organise and support this visit.