Development of a Whole Life Cycle Information Flow Approach enabled by Building Information Information Modeling (BIM) Protocols and Technologies for Qatar Construction Industry.


A project grant of $870K to lead pioneering research which could save the Qatari economy billions of dollars in unnecessary building costs has been awarded to Professor Nashwan Dawood (Lead Principal Investigator) and Dr Mohamad Kassem (Co-Principal Investigator).

The project has been funded under the Qatar National Priorities Research Program, the flagship funding programme of the National Research Fund in Qatar. The project, will investigate how Building Information Modelling (BIM) can be used to improve construction processes in the Middle East state. The research will be a partnership between Teesside University, Qatar University and HOCHTIEF ViCon with 60% of the funding being spent in the gulf state and the remaining 40% being spent in Middlesbrough.

Project Duration: 3 Years
Project Start: November 2013
Academic Lead: Professor Nashwan Dawood
Co-Principal Investigator: Dr Mohamad Kassem

More details about the Qatar-BIM project