We have an amazing range of courses and a choice of how you study
Together with business
The place to come for innovative businesses with big ideas and ambitions
Research at Teesside University is organised within five research institutes
Join our alumni family of more than 45,000 living in over 90 different countries.
Teesside University Alumni Association
Development of a Whole Life Cycle Information Flow Approach enabled by Building Information Information Modeling (BIM) Protocols and Technologies for Qatar Construction Industry.
A project grant of $870K to lead pioneering research which could save the Qatari economy billions of dollars in unnecessary building costs has been awarded to Professor Nashwan Dawood (Lead Principal Investigator) and Dr Mohamad Kassem (Co-Principal Investigator). The project has been funded under the Qatar National Priorities Research Program, the flagship funding programme of the National Research Fund in Qatar. The project, will investigate how Building Information Modelling (BIM) can be used to improve construction processes in the Middle East state. The research will be a partnership between Teesside University, Qatar University and HOCHTIEF ViCon with 60% of the funding being spent in the gulf state and the remaining 40% being spent in Middlesbrough.Project Duration: 3 Years Project Start: November 2013Academic Lead: Professor Nashwan Dawood Co-Principal Investigator: Dr Mohamad Kassem
More details about the Qatar-BIM project
There is a wealth of research projects taking place to further knowledge and make an impact on people's lives.
View our projects
Members of Technology Futures Institute are involved in a range of research activities. You can view these in detail on each individual profile.
Meet our members
Teesside's online research repository gives you access to the collection of peer-reviewed research and e-theses produced by members of the Technology Futures Institute.
View our publications