We have an amazing range of courses and a choice of how you study
Together with business
The place to come for innovative businesses with big ideas and ambitions
Research at Teesside University is organised within five research institutes
Join our alumni family of more than 45,000 living in over 90 different countries.
Teesside University Alumni Association
Professor of Biomechanics and Manufacturing,
School of Science & Engineering
T: 01642 342482E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Technology Futures Institute
Professor Farhad Nabhani's research interests include:
· designing mechanicals aids
· effect of flooring in reducing hip fractures
· developing novel mechanical test rigs for hips, spines lumbers and patella bones
· creating 3D computer models of bones and stress analysis using FE methods
· manufacturing systems and design process.
· ERP implementations, benchmarking, materials process technology
· lean manufacturing,
· Supply chain management and Six Sigma
· Stockton Casting Ltd, KTP (2006-08) - Upgrade business efficiency by implementing improved operational systems and castings design capability to achieve sustainable capacity and sales increases in existing and future markets.
· Direct Line Supply Ltd, KTP (2004-06) - To improve the company's warehousing management and logistics performance, efficiency and thus overall competitiveness through benchmarking, profitability analysis and continuous performance measurement based upon both qualitative and quantitative metrics.
· Thermal Transfer Ltd, KTP (2003-05) - Implementation of ERP system within SME incorporating lean manufacturing techniques to improve efficiency and minimise waste.
· Hedley Purvis Ltd, KTP (2002-04) - The development of a more efficient and cost
effective manufacturing operation and development of a culture of continuous improvement.
· Stockton Casting Ltd, KTP (2006) - £99,044
· Plastid Design Solution (2006) - £1,500
· Direct Line Supply, KTP (2004) - £99,000
· Thermal Transfer Ltd, KTP (2003) - £99,000
· Hedley Purvis Limited, student case award (2003) - £30,000
· Bahrain National Gas Company student case award (2002) - £30,000
· Hedley Purvis Limited, KTP (2002) - £99,000
· Research into Ageing, Dryburn Hospital (2000) - £10,000
· Audi Foundation (1999) - £3,400
· Plastic Design Solution Ltd, case award (1997) - £15,000
· Wishbone Foundation, Medical Research (1994) - £15,000
· International Foundation For Water Science and Technology, Government of UAE (1993) - £42,000
· HEFCE Research student (1993) - £30,000
Professor Nabhani is Director of Studies on a doctoral project being offered in the Technology Futures Institute and would like to encourage applications from prospective students. Please submit an application online, or for further information, contact Professor Nabhani directly.
View Farhad Nabhani's Publications on TeesRep
There is a wealth of research projects taking place to further knowledge and make an impact on people's lives.
View our projects
Members of Technology Futures Institute are involved in a range of research activities. You can view these in detail on each individual profile.
Meet our members
Teesside's online research repository gives you access to the collection of peer-reviewed research and e-theses produced by members of the Technology Futures Institute.
View our publications