Monday-Friday: 9.00am-9.00pm Saturday: 9.00am-5.00pm
Monday and Wednesday evenings, 5.00pm-9.00pm, and Sunday afternoons, 4.30pm-8.00pm, are for Teesside University Climbing Club only.
Induction times are 6.00pm-9.00pm on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday evenings. During holiday times the climbing wall is only accessible from Monday-Friday, 9.00am-5.00pm.
T: 01642 342267
Same opening hours as the fitness studio.
Monday - Friday: 9.00am-9.30pm
Sauna and steam room
Opening times (word - 40kb)
Saltersgill sports ground
Open during daylight hours. Venue must be booked.
T: 01642 342267
Last admission is 30 minutes before closing for all facilities.
Take advantage of all the sports facilities along with discounted rates at a number of local sports venues by joining the membership scheme, which is £95 a year for students and £115 a year for staff, alumni and associates.
Students can pay for sports membership online
- a personal development booklet
- computerised fitness evaluations and personal advice on exercise
- free access to Olympia - squash courts, astroturf pitch, climbing wall and sports hall
- free access to the fitness studio, sauna and steam room
- free access to all exercise classes - aerobics, pilates, yoga, dance and circuit
- advance booking system for Unversity facilities
- free access to sports equipment
- free entry into the Neptune swimming pool in Middlesbrough
- student membership rates at all Middlesbrough Council's leisure facilities
- student membership rates at Tennis World.
Students and Associate members
Students and associates can also now join online. Alternatively you can pay cash or cheque at the Finance Department counter (next to lifts in the main entrance) then take your receipt and library TUSC card to the Sport and Well-being reception on the first floor of the Brittan Building or the Olympia Building.
Staff don't join online, they will need to continue to complete a direct debit form at reception. All new members must have completed a Health Commitment Statement prior to using the facilities. If you join online you will be prompted to do this. Those paying by cash or staff paying by direct debit will need to complete one at reception. Once you have joined you must book a gym and/or climbing wall induction with reception before using the gym or climbing wall.
You can also 'pay as you play' paying for each activity as and when you want to take part. Cost per session is £3.50 for students and £4.50 for staff.
Please note that the Brittan Building is unstaffed before 11.00am on weekdays. If you wish to use the facilities during this time on a pay as you play basis, you will need to pay in advance a day before your visit and bring your receipt. To gain access to the facility, please use the free telephone opposite reception to phone the Sport & Well-being office upstairs.