All different, all equal
Teesside University embraces diversity and actively opposes prejudice and is committed to communicating openly, honestly and respectfully at all times.
We are committed to ensuring that all members of the University community:
- are respected and supported in an inclusive, safe environment
- feel able to challenge any prejudice and discrimination
- know that the University will take a zero tolerance approach to all forms of hate crime, harassment and bullying.
- 23 February 2017 - Film evening - Carol
We are committed to:
- ensuring the needs and those of our diverse University community are respected at all times
- treating everyone with dignity and fairness
- promoting a campus that is safe and secure for all; free from fear, intimidation and harassment
- dealing swiftly and effectively with any complaints of hate crime, harassment and bullying.
We aim to be a community which will:
- be sensitive and respectful when expressing views, always considering how behaviour can impact others
- engage with and promote a culture of openness, tolerance and understanding in which everyone feels comfortable expressing their views and speaking out against prejudice and discrimination
- comply with the Students' Union and University's policies and regulations including the Student Protocol and A Guide to Promoting a Mutually Respectful University Community.
- 19 January 2017 - Stonewall recognition for Teesside University
- 10 November 2016 - Pledge signifies commitment to diversity and respect
To this end we have:
- revised our procedures to support those who are being harassed or bullied
- established clearer reporting mechanisms and developed processes to collate and respond to information provided
- trained staff
- we have identified specialist advisers to work with and support specific groups.
In the future we will continue to:
- promote and celebrate diversity and respect
- work to embed consideration of this into induction
- identify trends from information provided and develop mechanisms to inform and enhance our work in this area.
For more information please call into the Student Centre, or email email@example.com .
Students: please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Staff: please contact Margaret Younger, Equality and Diversity Adviser
T: 01642 738459 | E: email@example.com