Skip to main content
Business

Part-time flexible training opportunities

A range of short courses offering flexible learning for businesses seeking to develop leadership, management and digital skills.

View our courses

The last 12+ months have been difficult and like many others your organisation may have gone through some changes or perhaps even a restructure in order to make essential cost savings

As a result, you may have team members who have taken on more responsibility or increased their portfolio for operations or people management.

Many employees gain promotion to management roles through their technical ability and knowledge, creating a need for training in the soft skills such as emotional intelligence, delegation plus recognising individual differences and strengths.

Through training, those new to leadership roles can gain confidence that they are doing it right and learn how to motivate their teams and define boundaries. Skills are also essential for recovery of any business, and the right training can boost morale, increase productivity, improve efficiency and keep your business up to date with new technology.

To support those stepping into new roles in your organisation, Teesside University and our partner colleges have joined forces to create a one-stop-shop for your training needs, particularly in transferable skills such as leadership and management, and digital skills.

Our range of short courses are mostly delivered online, offering flexible learning with minimum disruption to the working day. They range from short CPD programmes through to university degrees. Many of our programmes are funded, meaning very low or no cost to you.

We pride ourselves on being flexible and responsive to the needs of businesses and can work with you to provide bespoke learning packages specific to your workforce. Our expert team will work with you to fully understand the impact you are seeking to achieve, and facilitate delivery of a customised learning programme - whether it be short courses that hit a specific skill requirement and minimise your employees' time away from work or accredited in-house training that counts towards a nationally recognised qualification.

The Teesside University College Partnership

Courses

Staff welfare

Develop the skills and knowledge you need to support the health, safety and wellbeing of your staff and colleagues.

Find out more

Leadership

Essential skills for effective and confident managers.

Find out more

Managing people

Maximise team performance and potential through efficient and effective leadership.

Find out more

Business skills

Fundamental skills for business leaders and managers.

Find out more

More information

About the Partnership

The Teesside University College Partnership (TUCP) provides opportunities across the Tees Valley for entry to Teesside University higher education courses, delivered to an excellent standard by our partner colleges.

Teesside University and our partner colleges share similar values and a passion for the Tees Valley. As partners, we strive to address the economic needs of the Tees Valley through a seamless pathway of education and training to higher education level. Together we're able to expand and respond to the economic and education climate through shared strategic thinking and innovative collaboration with businesses.

Darlington College. This is an external website. The link to Darlington College will open in a new window.Redcar & Cleveland College. This is an external website. The link to Redcar & Cleveland College will open in a new window.Stockton Riverside College. This is an external website. The link to Stockton Riverside College will open in a new window.Hartlepool College of Further Education. This is an external website. The link to Hartlepool College of Further Education will open in a new window.


Need higher-level skills?

You may have employees ready to commit to a longer-term high-level course. Teesside University offers a diverse range of part-time degrees and postgraduate degrees - some of which are offered completely online.

Search our programmes

Summer University

Ready to learn something new this summer? Summer University not only offers valuable business essentials, but an expanse of short and snappy courses covering everything from cybersecurity to creative writing, and photography to contemporary art!

See our Summer University courses

Higher and Degree Apprenticeships

If you are looking to fill higher-level skills gaps, higher and degree apprenticeships are an ideal, cost-effective way to improve business performance, increase productivity and develop your workforce. If you're an employer who pays the apprenticeship levy with bills over £3m training costs will be covered by the levy funds in your digital account. Non-levy payers contribute 5% towards the cost of an apprenticeship, with government funding the rest (95%).

More about our Higher and Degree Apprenticeships