Take advantage of a unique opportunity and receive a £10,000 scholarship when you study conversion MSc Data Science.
The government aims to increase the number of people from groups currently underrepresented in AI and data science fields and to encourage graduates from diverse backgrounds to consider a future in these occupations. These scholarships are aimed at individuals who have no background in data science or closely related fields.
Scholarship eligibility criteria
You must meet the nationality and residency criteria for a postgraduate student loan and belong to one of these groups:
- from a low socioeconomic background (for example, Index of Multiple Disadvantage quintiles 1 and 2, and a low household income)
- care leaver
- estranged from parents
- from a military family (veteran, partner of military personnel, child of military personnel).
How to apply
You are invited to apply after you have accepted an offer (conditional or unconditional) of a place on one of the courses below:
Your course offer includes your student ID, which you need to enter on your scholarship application. Applications received without a valid student ID will not be considered.
- If your course starts in September 2024: 5 August 2024.
- If your course starts in November 2024: 31 October 2024.
- If your course starts in January 2025: 3 January 2025.
You must allow plenty of time for your course application to be processed. You need to receive an offer of a place on your course and submit your scholarship application before the scholarship application deadline.
Only applications from candidates who have accepted an unconditional offer will be considered. The scholarship panel will consider each eligible application, with priority given to female, black and disabled applicants.
Notification of success
Successful scholarship applicants will be notified shortly after the scholarship application deadline. We do not write to candidates who have been unsuccessful.
- If your course starts in September 2024 you will receive £2,500 in October 2024, January 2025, March 2025 and June 2025.
- If your course starts in November 2024 you will receive £2,500 in January 2025, March 2025 and £5,000 in June 2025.
- If your course starts in January 2025 you will receive £2,500 in March 2025, June 2025 and £5,000 in October 2025.
- Disbursement is normally to your UK bank account at the end of the month.
- You must be up-to-date with the payment of your course fees to receive your scholarship. You must not wait to receive the scholarship payment to pay your course fees.
- Scholarship payments will cease and the scholarship will be revoked if you withdraw from your course, suspend studies, transfer to an ineligible course or to another institution, fail your course, or leave the University for any other reason.
- The University also reserves the right to withdraw the scholarship and cease further scholarship payments if you are deemed not to be fully engaged with your learning on the course. This includes, but is not limited to, poor attendance or failure to complete course assessments by the set deadlines.