You work across three strands – image capture, video, and audio production – providing you with an introduction to content creation for a range of media formats. You acquire basic practical experience of concept generation, production planning and project development alongside the relevant technical skills and essential techniques for media production.
Where you study
* Subject to University approval
What you study
- digital storytelling using audio, video and images
- professional practice of shooting video on mobile devices, recording audio and the basic principles of photography
- principles of editing audio, video and images
- articulate and optimise online content so it is shareable and findable.
How you are assessed
You are assessed through the production of a portfolio during class sessions and time outside of scheduled sessions.
Your portfolio is the production of a digital audio or video artefact, showcased on an online platform (tuxtra). Your artefact should be 2 - 3 minutes and demonstrate your ability to record audio or video to a professional standard, write and record a commentary script and upload to the web.
Minimum hardware and software requirements
- Macbook or desktop PC capable of running Adobe Creative Suite
- Adobe Creative Suite (available to students during the course)
- video and audio capture device (webcam / smart phone).