Find the right course
We offer courses in a huge range of subjects from aerospace engineering to fashion, midwifery to computer games design.
Many of our courses are accredited by the relevant professional bodies and many of our health courses allow you to subsequently apply for membership.
You need to ensure that your chosen course enables you to progress into your planned career - and be mindful that academic requirements for professions can vary between different countries. You can tailor most of our courses by choosing from a range of optional modules - so you can explore the specific areas within your subject that most interest you.
We offer the following undergraduate course types.
International foundation year (120 credits)
A one-year programme that combines English language with some subject-specific modules.
- International Foundation Year (Business and Computing)
- International Foundation Year (Social Sciences and Law)
Higher national certificates (120 credits) and higher national diplomas (240 credits)
These are vocationally orientated qualifications validated by Edexcel. You can often progress from one of these qualifications to study for a degree.
Foundation degrees (240 credits)
These work-related courses are designed in conjunction with employers to let you combine studying and working to improve your qualifications. They include case studies and live briefs through relevant work-related learning.
Undergraduate degree (360 credits)
Three years of study, sometimes called a bachelor's or first degree - or sometimes four years with a placement year.
- Bachelor of Arts, BA (Hons)
- Bachelor of Engineering, BEng (Hons)
- Bachelor of Laws, LLB (Hons)
- Bachelor of Science, BSc (Hons)
Higher and degree apprenticeships (varying credits)
Combining work and study. You gain technical knowledge and practical experience by combining on-the-job training with flexible study towards a higher education qualification, from the equivalent of a foundation degree to a full bachelor's or master's degree in some sectors.
Undergraduate degree with Foundation Year (480 credits)
A four-year programme that includes an integrated foundation year.
- Bachelor of Engineering, BEng (Hons) – with Foundation Year
- Bachelor of Science, BSc (Hons) – with Foundation Year
- Bachelor of Arts, BA (Hons) – with Foundation Year
Top-up degree or final-year entry (120 credits)
A one-year, full-time course allowing you to top-up a Higher National Diploma (HND) or Foundation
Degree to an undergraduate degree.
- Bachelor of Arts, BA (Hons)... (Top-up)
- Bachelor of Engineering, BEng Tech (Hons)...(Top-up)
- Batchelor of Science, BSc (Hons)... (Top-up)
- If you have a diploma, HNC, HND, Foundation Degree (or equivalent) you may be able to enter our degree in Year 2 or 3 of our degree programmes, based on your previous level of study and level of English.
Integrated master’s degree (480 credits)
Four-year full-time integrated programme with three years at undergraduate level and one year at master’s level that emphasises industry relevance.
- Master of Computing, MComp (Hons)
- Master of Engineering, MEng (Hons)
If a course is described as 'subject to University approval' it is under development or going through quality assurance processes to test its academic rigour.
Taking a placement year
Benefit from an integrated placement if you’re studying a programme within healthcare, education or social work. Or opt for a placement year or a shortened placement with most degrees – business, computing, engineering, media, sport science, web and multimedia.
We have one of the largest portfolios of accredited open learning programmes, serving the engineering and process industries, worldwide. We have been creating high-quality, stand-alone, open learning materials for 25 years. So, if you work on an oil rig in the Caribbean or in pipeline construction in a desert, you can still study effectively at your own pace.
> More about open learning