About the University
Teesside University is dynamic, energetic and innovative - Providing Opportunities, Driving Enterprise, Delivering Excellence - more about Teesside's mission.
- The Queen's Anniversary Prize 2013 - awarded for our outstanding work in the field of enterprise and business engagement.
- University of the Year - the first modern university to win the Times Higher award.
- Founded on a rich past - Over 80 years of innovation in education.
- One of the top UK universities for widening participation in higher education.
- Investment - £200m on our friendly town campus at the heart of Middlesbrough.
- Our students love it - 84% of our students are happy with the teaching on their course.
- We're research active - with an international reputation for excellence in enterprise.
- Our alumni have gone on to great things - Marek Reichman, Design Director for Aston Martin; Roger Shannon, Cannes award-winning film producer; Graeme Burnett, Senior Vice-President of Delta Airlines (formerly SVP of TOTAL Energy); Andy Ireland, renowned sports physiotherapist whose clients have included Grand Slam tennis star Andy Murray.
- Investors in People Gold - one of only five UK universities to receive cross-University accreditation.
- Tees Valley is one of the country's best kept secrets. We've got top surf, a national park on the doorstep plus unique shopping and culture, bars and famous clubs.