Our apprenticeships are specifically designed in partnership with employers and professional bodies, enabling us to tailor them to your needs. At Teesside University we work with organisations across all sectors and are approved by the Education and Skills Funding Agency.
Your apprentices can be existing team members or new recruits. The choice is yours.
You must employ the apprentice for a minimum of 30 hours a week, and you are expected to provide support and guidance to your apprentice whilst paying them an appropriate training salary throughout the duration of their study. Starting salaries vary depending on the sector and individual levels of experience.
Apprentices will spend 80% of their time in the workplace, while the other 20% is spent on study. They are also required to demonstrate their workplace competence during their training, as well as academic learning to complete the programme. Your apprentice is assessed at the end of their apprenticeship to showcase their skills and knowledge.
If you're thinking of recruiting a degree apprentice or would like to upskill your existing workforce we can help with your recruitment process.
We can give you advice on:
Teesside University engages with subcontractors to tailor programmes to suit the needs of the apprentice, their employer and the apprenticeship.
The University works with subcontractors in cases where training providers and/or employer partners have expertise that will enhance the apprentice's learning journey and experience.
As a main apprenticeship training provider, the University will:
Where elements of an apprenticeship are to be subcontracted, the University's Apprenticeships Team will manage the process of approving the partner as a delivery subcontractor with the University and of ensuring that they are on the Register of Apprenticeship Training Providers (RoATP).
The University has a specific apprenticeship subcontracting legal agreement, which outlines how the training will be delivered and provides an itemised account of how funding will be used. This demonstrates transparency and value for money.
The University conducts appropriate due diligence with all partners and subcontractors.
Details of how the University engages with apprenticeship subcontractors are discussed with employer partners prior to delivery. This information is available for inspection by the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA).
Are you an employer in the science, engineering or design sector? Find out how our AdEDA scheme can help you select new apprentices from current Teesside University students completing their first year of studies on a relevant degree, HNC or HND.