Information for apprentices
Benefits of being a degree apprentice
- a cost-free degree with tuition fees paid by your employer and the government
- a fast track to a great career and earning potential
- a recognised qualification
- a salary
- work-based skills prized by employers
- support and investment from an employer
Learn with us
Combining academic work with practical on-the-job experience gives you the best of both worlds. Plus, as a Teesside University student, you have access to all our campus facilities, including a 24/7 library and online learning resources, student support, sport and wellbeing services, careers advice, gym and complementary therapies, and a fantastic Students' Union. Find out more.
The entry requirements vary depending on the apprenticeship.
The typical minimal entry requirements are:
- at least 5 GCSEs grades A - C
- Level 3 qualifications including A level, NVQ Level 3 or BTEC National
Some employers will expect applicants to have qualifications relating to their chosen sector along with some industry experience.
The first cohort of 143 graduates recently completed the new Healthcare Assistant Practitioner Higher Apprenticeship. Listen to staff from BMI Healthcare talk about the impact the qualification has had on their professional development.
Register your interest by emailing our team or giving us a quick call today.
Advanced Entry Degree Apprenticeships (AdEDA)
Want to start a degree apprenticeship but not found a job? Find out how Teesside University can help you find employment and a degree apprenticeship course.
Find out more