Professor Jane Turner Scholarship
Investing in your future
The University is pleased to celebrate the Professor Jane Turner scholarship to support women who wish to become leaders from the Tees Valley to pursue an undergraduate degree at Teesside University International Business School.
This scholarship has been created in memory of the late Professor Jane Turner OBE DL, former Pro Vice-Chancellor for Enterprise and Business Engagement at the University. Jane was a vocal champion for women in the region and a passionate advocate for raising aspirations in the Tees Valley, and this scholarship contributes to her legacy of fostering innovation and entrepreneurial potential in women across the region.
One £9,000 scholarship is available for a women applying to study an undergraduate course within Teesside University International Business School, payable across the full programme of study. Preference is given to students demonstrating outstanding ability and potential, with an interest in entrepreneurship and innovation.
Professor Jane Turner scholarship eligibility
To apply for this scholarship, you must:
- be an applicant for an undergraduate course within Teesside University International Business School starting in September 2022
- identify as a women
- be resident within a TS postcode
- choose Teesside University as your firm choice with UCAS.
- £3,000 paid each year throughout the duration of your course (up to three years) dependent on you successfully progressing each year 2023
- Honorary membership to the University’s Assembly Hall co-working space for entrepreneurs including open access to shared space, free WiFi, printing and refreshments.
- Automatic enrolment (if you choose) onto Launchpad’s prestigious
MicroBiz Academy, the University’s competitive business start-up programme for current students.
- Automatic enrolment (if you choose) to
FUEL, the University’s intensive seven-week graduate start-up programme for entrepreneurs after graduation.
- Invitations to all enterprise networking events and workshops in Launchpad.
- Access to a mentor, such as a recent founder or female business leader.
- Scholars are expected to provide brief annual update reports on their progress during their studies, and the impact of their scholarship.
- Scholars may be asked to participate in media and promotional activity in relation to the scholarship programme.
- This scholarship can’t be accepted in conjunction with any other scholarship disbursed by the University.
How to apply
This scholarship is open for applications in June 2023.