Scholarships: Dr Ken Home
Investing in your future
These awards are available to local students applying to an engineering-related undergraduate course at Teesside University.
Ken Home is an honorary graduate of Teesside University – he was awarded a Doctorate in Business Administration in 2013. He attended Victoria Road School and, while an apprentice draftsman with Dorman Long, he studied at Constantine College - which later became Teesside University. He is founder of K Home International Ltd – a multidiscipline engineering design service, celebrating 40 years of successfully delivering engineering projects throughout the world.
In 2014 Dr Ken Home made a significant donation to the University’s development fund to support scholarships. A Dr Ken Home Scholarship is for students enrolling on an undergraduate course in the School of Science, Engineering & Design.
Two awards are available for 2017-18 academic year
We have two £5,000 scholarships for local students applying for an engineering-related undergraduate course at Teesside University. The scholarship is disbursed across the full programme of study.
- For a three-year course you will receive annual payments of £2,000 (Year 1), £2,000 (Year 2) and £1,000 (Year 3)
- For a four-year course you will receive annual payments of £2,000, £1,000, £1,000 and £1,000.
- For a five-year course you will receive annual payments of £1,000, £1,000, £1,000, £1,000 and £1,000.
Dr Ken Home scholarship eligibility
To be eligible to apply for one of these scholarships you must:
- choose Teesside University as your first accepted choice with UCAS
- have lived in the Tees Valley or North Yorkshire region for the last two years
- be identified by our School of Science, Engineering & Design as a suitable scholarship candidate at interview stage – they will invite you to complete a written application form and will award to the two best candidates.