Life on campus
Safe and friendly
Teesside is a safe and friendly place where you will soon feel at home.
Teesside University is ranked 1 of 42 UK universities for home friends in the International Student Barometer Survey 2019*
- Teesside University is ranked 1 of 41 UK universities for the Students' Union in the International Student Barometer Survey 2019*
- The Students' Union is led by students for students. As a student you elect the president and officers who represent you and campaign on your behalf
- Socialise at the Students' Union building - The Hub. It includes social spaces where you can relax with friends, a shop, places to eat, bars, support, and a job service to help you find part-time work
- Register for your National Union of Students Extra card for only £12 a year. You get high-street savings, discounts on travel and exclusive offers at the Students' Union.
Join a society
- Join one - or more - of our student societies to meet new friends, take part in sport or cultural activities and practise your faith
- Meet other students from your country, culture or who share your religious beliefs. Feel more at home through societies like Interlink, Chinese society, Islamic society, other country societies or voluntary activities in the local area
- Meet students from other countries and experience UK culture - try football, basketball, cricket, badminton or tennis
- Find plenty of other societies and specific interest groups in the local area.
- Teesside University is ranked 1 of 40 UK universities for University Clubs & Societies in the International Student Barometer Survey 2019*
- Teesside University is ranked 1 of 42 UK universities for introduction to clubs and societies in the International Student Barometer Survey 2019*
Support your faith
- Whatever your faith, you can get independent and confidential support from the University Faith and Refection Service
- You will find places of worship within easy reach of the University - Buddhist, Anglican, Roman Catholic, United Reformed, Baptist, Methodist, Quaker, Greek Orthodox, Hindu, Islamic and Sikh.
On campus, we have superb facilities for sport and wellbeing. Whether you are an elite athlete or you just want to try a new sport - you will find what you're looking for here.
- Benefit from our new £17m sport and health sciences building - a state-of-the-art learning environment if you are studying sports therapy
- Take part - our Olympia sports complex includes a 500-spectator sports hall for major tournaments
- Keep fit. Facilities include top-of-the-range sport and exercise labs, a temperature-controlled environmental chamber, climbing wall, floodlit artificial turf pitch, rugby pitches, sauna and steam room, squash courts and three sports halls, and a white-water rafting course
- Stay focused. Initiatives include our focus sports and intra mural sports leagues, Students' Union clubs, volunteering and community sport projects. Off campus, you'll find even more
- Enjoy our 60-acre Saltersgill Sports Ground, the River Tees Water Sports Centre for rowing, canoeing and kayaking and the nearby Tees Barrage, which has a world-class white water rafting course
- Choose from local tennis, swimming, water sports, athletics, pool and snooker facilities
- Go outdoors with walks and activities in the North York Moors and along the beautiful North Yorkshire coastline.
*Based on the views of 854 Teesside students within a global survey response of 179,950 students. More info at www.i-graduate.org/about-us/clients/. Verification data on request, email email@example.com