Make yourself at home
Affordable student housing within easy reach of the University guaranteed for international students who apply before 1 September.
For information and advice contact the accommodation office:
T: +44 (0)1642 342255
We will help to arrange somewhere for you to live in University owned or University managed accommodation.
If you are attending the University for less than a full year, we try to provide you with your preferred choice of accommodation.
- Teesside has some of the most affordable university-managed accommodation in the UK
- Choose from University-managed halls on campus or University-managed housing in the private sector - all within easy walking distance
- Accommodation is in mixed blocks, although it is segregated into male and female rooms
- Our University residences have free internet access
- Rents in University residences cost £55.95-£95.80 a week (2013-14). In University-managed housing in Middlesbrough, rent varies from £61.60-£66.05 a week.
- We welcome applications from students with special needs although specialist accommodation is limited. If you have particular requirements, please let us know as soon as you receive a place on a course.
- You are guaranteed a place in University-managed accommodation if you apply before 1 April of the year you start here
- You are guaranteed a place within easy reach of the University if you apply before 1 September of the year you start
- We will try to find suitable accommodation for students who apply after 1 September but can't guarantee accommodation after this date.
- If you make a late application, you may need to book temporary accommodation for your first few nights.
Find some local hotels here
- The University doesn't provide cutlery and cooking utensils
- Bedding packs and kitchen packs are available for a charge but must be requested and paid for before you arrive. Details are sent with your accommodation offer. You can order from the online shop and these will be ready for you when you arrive.
Accommodation for families
- Suitable accommodation for couples, especially those with children, is limited. Contact the accommodation tteam for advice and information
- If you intend to bring dependents, particularly children, you are strongly advised to make accommodation arrangements before travelling to the University.
- You can find an abundance of property in Middlesbrough's private sector - in traditional houses or in purpose-built halls of residence
- Our accommodation team can help you identify landlords to contact but it doesn't arrange this accommodation for you - your contract is directly with the landlord, not with the University.
- If you want to come to Middlesbrough to find accommodation, you can stay in bed and breakfast accommodation in the town for a few days at a small cost (approximately £25 a day) while you make those arrangements. Find some local hotels here