Travelling to Teesside University is easy
Teesside is a safe and friendly place where you will soon feel at home
Durham Tees Valley Airport
- Scheduled flights to and from other UK and European airports.
- You'll find flight connections to Amsterdam (Schiphol) - a major hub for international flights.
- Durham Tees Valley Airport is 13 miles from the University.
- Airport code: MME.
- The airport has scheduled flights to Amsterdam Schiphol, Paris Charles de Gaulle, London Heathrow and Brussels.
- There's a daily service to Dubai.
- Newcastle Airport is less than 50 miles from Teesside University.
- Airport code: NCL.
- Middlesbrough train station is part of the UK's national rail network.
- From Middlesbrough, you can travel to all UK stations including Newcastle, Manchester and Manchester Airport, London and London Heathrow Airport.
Meet and greet
To get your studies at Teesside off to the best possible start, we can meet you at the airport and take you to your accommodation - for free.
Our meet and greet service
Arriving in the UK: 10 top tips from Border Force
As you prepare to study in the UK, here are some top tips from Border Force (part of the UK Home Office) to make sure you have everything you need for a smooth arrival.
- If you're from a non-European Economic Area (EEA) country, complete the landing card given to you during your flight before you arrive at border control.
- Do not bring in any meat or dairy products from outside the European Union. There are restrictions on traditional medicines, food products such as fish, eggs and honey, and some fruit, vegetables and plants (including bulbs, seeds, cut flowers and tree bark).
- Expect Border Force officers to ask simple questions about your stay in the UK when you arrive at passport control.
- Never give false or misleading information (including forged or counterfeit documents).
- Keep any recent bank statements and details of where you are staying in your hand luggage. Border Force officers may ask to see this information.
- Keep information about the course you're studying in your hand luggage. This must be a paper copy (not an electronic copy on tablet or phone) and includes your university Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) number.
- Have your passport ready. Remove it from any cover, and remember to remove your sunglasses and hat.
- You must declare cash of 10,000 Euros or more (or the equivalent in another currency) if you are travelling from a country outside the European Union.
- There are also restrictions on the amount of tobacco, alcohol and gifts you can bring to the UK. If you exceed your duty-free allowance and do not declare them, all of your items could be taken away from you.
- Never bring in counterfeit goods, illegal drugs, offensive weapons or indecent or obscene material. Some items are restricted and will require a licence or permit.
Travelling around the UK
Teesside University is a ten minute walk from Middlesbrough's main train and bus stations. We are well located for you to explore historic towns, major cities, typically British villages, and some of the most beautiful coast and countryside in the UK.
In one hour or less by public transport you can reach historic cities such as York and Durham, coastal towns including Saltburn and Whitby, and the North Yorkshire Moors and Cleveland Way National Trail.
Reach Newcastle and Leeds in under two hours, and London, Manchester and Edinburgh in less than 2.5 hours.